Connect with us

Published

on

See Disney’s Encanto now streaming on Disney+ 🕯️✨🦋

Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Encanto” tells the tale of an extraordinary family, the Madrigals, who live hidden in the mountains of Colombia, in a magical house, in a vibrant town, in a wondrous, charmed place called an Encanto. The magic of the Encanto has blessed every child in the family with a unique gift from super strength to the power to heal—every child except one, Mirabel (voice of Stephanie Beatriz). But when she discovers that the magic surrounding the Encanto is in danger, Mirabel decides that she, the only ordinary Madrigal, might just be her exceptional family’s last hope.

Celebrate with Miranda, Beatriz and the rest of the “Encanto” family streaming now on Disney+.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/encantomovie
Twitter: https://twitter.com/encantomovie
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EncantoMovie
Hashtag: #Encanto

Disney+ is the only place to stream your favorites from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and more. Access it all at  https://disneymusic.co/JoinDisneyPlus

For more updates, subscribe to Disney+, Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. Disney+ is the ultimate streaming destination for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic.

Follow Disney+ for the latest: Disney+: https://www.disneyplus.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/DisneyPlus/
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/DisneyPlus/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyPlus/

Subscribe to DisneyMusicVEVO 🔔 for all the latest Disney music videos: https://disneymusic.co/disneymusicYT
Instagram: https://instagram.com/disneymusic
Twitter: https://twitter.com/disneymusic
TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@disneymusic
Facebook: https://facebook.com/disneymusic

Music video by Jessica Darrow performing Surface Pressure (From “Encanto”/Lyric Video). © 2021 Walt Disney Records

Continue Reading
43 Comments

43 Comments

1. Hà Vũ Thu

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

Well I don't think you need it but others maybe need

I'm the strong one

I'm not nervous

I'm as tough as the crust of the earth is

I move mountains

I move churches

And I glow 'cause I know what my worth is

I don't ask how hard the work is

Got a rough, indestructible surface

Diamonds and platinum, I find 'em, I flatten 'em

I take what I'm handed, I break what's demanded, but

I feel berserk as a tightrope walker in a three-ring circus

Under the surface

Was Hercules ever like "Yo, I don't wanna fight Cerberus"?

I'm pretty sure I'm worthless if I can't be of service

A flaw or a crack

The straw in the stack

That breaks the camel's back

What breaks the camel's back?

It's pressure like a drip, drip, drip, that'll never stop, whoa

Pressure that'll tip, tip, tip 'til you just go pop, whoa-oh-oh

Give it to your sister, your sister's older

Give her all the heavy things we can't shoulder

Who am I if I can't run with the ball?

If I fall to

Pressure like a grip, grip, grip, and it won't let go, whoa

Pressure like a tick, tick, tick 'til it's ready to blow, whoa-oh-oh

Give it to your sister, your sister's stronger

See if she can hang on a little longer

Who am I if I can't carry it all?

If I falter

I hide my nerves and it worsens, I worry something is gonna hurt us

The ship doesn't swerve as it heard how big the iceberg is

Under the surface

I think about my purpose

Can I somehow preserve this?

Line up the dominoes

A light wind blows

You try to stop it topplin'

But on and on it goes

But wait

If I could shake the crushing weight

Of expectations would that free some room up for joy?

Or relaxation? Or simple pleasure?

Instead we measure this growing pressure

Keeps growing, keep going

'Cause all we know is

Pressure like a drip, drip, drip that'll never stop, woah

Pressure that'll tip, tip, tip 'til you just go pop, woah-oh-oh

Give it to your sister, it doesn't hurt and

See if she can handle every family burden

Watch as she buckles and bends but never breaks

No mistakes, just

Pressure like a grip, grip, grip, and it won't let go, woah

Pressure like a tick, tick, tick 'til it's ready to blow, woah-oh-oh

Give it to your sister and never wonder

If the same pressure would've pulled you under

Who am I if I don't have what it takes?

No cracks, no breaks

No mistakes

No pressure

2. Brieya Silverweb

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

My entire life in a Disney tune… wow, 50 years summed up in 3.27 mins. Encanto hits home on so many things. My favorite movie yet to date.

3. Bruna Lumeca

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

I want to be in this family

4. Blablabla

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

As „Give it to your sister it doesn’t hurt and see if she can handle every family burden simply means in German „gib es deiner Schwester es tut nicht weh und sie ob sie mit jeder Familienlast fertig wird“( Not in the Film but in the translator )

5. Nightelf268

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

This song hits waaaaay too hard to my personal life.

6. Miss Lucia Gray

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

This song brought me to tears. As the eldest daughter, I always think that I am worthless if I can't help my family in any way. The always think of me as the "strong one" both physically and emotionally but what they do not know is that I am also a human, with feelings and weaknesses.

The pressure from their expectations and their words is already consuming me and I am starting to feel tired holding the weights in my shoulder.

Before any of you say something, yes, I love my family but I also hope they can see the little child in me who also needs love and care.

7. LadyLycany

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

It's a unhealthy amount how often I already listened to it on full volume with headphones

8. Lacey Marsh

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

I'll be honest, I know this is a catchy song but it got me in my feels. I'm an older sister aka a role model and I'm the only one in college and working a part time job. Yeh I have an older brother but he gets things handed to him. I feel like I have to work for what I want. And this song just makes me feel like I'm not alone.

9. big baller rintarou

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

the older sibling's urge to play this on speakers, full volume, in front of my family

10. knl_ 08

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

Im the strong one, I'm not nervous
    I'm as tough as the crust of the earth is
    I move mountains, I move churches
    And I glow 'cause I know what my worth is

I don't ask how hard the work is
    Got a rough indestructible surface
    Diamonds and platinum, I find 'em, I flatten 'em
    I take what I'm handed, I break what's demanding
    But

I feel berserk as a tightrope walker in a three-ring circus
    Under the surface
    Was Hercules ever like "Yo, I don't wanna fight Cerberus"?
    I'm pretty sure I'm worthless if I can't be of service

A flaw or a crack
    The straw in the stack
    That breaks the camel's back
    What breaks the camel's back it's

Pressure like a drip, drip, drip that'll never stop, whoa
    Pressure that'll tip, tip, tip 'till you just go pop, whoa
    Give it to your sister, your sister's older
    Give her all the heavy things we can't shoulder
    Who am I if I can't run with the ball?
    If I fall to

Pressure like a grip, grip, grip and it won't let go, whoa
    Pressure like a tick, tick, tick 'til it's ready to blow, whoa
    Give it to your sister, your sister's stronger
    See if she can hang on a little longer
    Who am I if I can't carry it all?
    If I falter

I hide my nerves and it worsens, I worry something is gonna hurt us
    The ship doesn't swerve as it heard how big the iceberg is
    Under the surface
    I think about my purpose, can I somehow preserve this?

Line up the dominoes
    A light wind blows
    You try to stop it tumbling
    But on and on it goes

But wait
    If I could shake the crushing weight of expectations
    Would that free some room up for joy
    Or relaxation, or simple pleasure?
    Instead we measure this growing pressure
    Keeps growing, keep going
    'Cause all we know is

Pressure like a drip, drip, drip that'll never stop, whoa
    Pressure that'll tip, tip, tip 'til you just go pop, whoa-oh-oh
    Give it to your sister, it doesn't hurt
    And see if she can handle every family burden
    Watch as she buckles and bends but never breaks
    No mistakes just

Pressure like a grip, grip, grip and it won't let go, woah
    Pressure like a tick, tick, tick 'till it's ready to blow, woah
    Give it to your sister and never wonder
    If the same pressure would've pulled you under
    Who am I if I don't have what it takes?
    No cracks, no breaks
    No mistakes,

11. stronk modnaR

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

This song should be illegal for how relatable this is

12. Bakadesu

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

I'm the strong one, I'm not nervous
    I'm as tough as the crust of the earth is
    I move mountains, I move churches
    And I glow 'cause I know what my worth is

I don't ask how hard the work is
    Got a rough indestructible surface
    Diamonds and platinum, I find 'em, I flatten 'em
    I take what I'm handed, I break what's demanding
    But

I feel berserk as a tightrope walker in a three-ring circus
    Under the surface
    Was Hercules ever like "Yo, I don't wanna fight Cerberus"?
    I'm pretty sure I'm worthless if I can't be of service

A flaw or a crack
    The straw in the stack
    That breaks the camel's back
    What breaks the camel's back it's

Pressure like a drip, drip, drip that'll never stop, whoa
    Pressure that'll tip, tip, tip 'till you just go pop, whoa
    Give it to your sister, your sister's older
    Give her all the heavy things we can't shoulder
    Who am I if I can't run with the ball?
    If I fall to

Pressure like a grip, grip, grip and it won't let go, whoa
    Pressure like a tick, tick, tick 'til it's ready to blow, whoa
    Give it to your sister, your sister's stronger
    See if she can hang on a little longer
    Who am I if I can't carry it all?
    If I falter

I hide my nerves and it worsens, I worry something is gonna hurt us
    The ship doesn't swerve as it heard how big the iceberg is
    Under the surface
    I think about my purpose, can I somehow preserve this?

Line up the dominoes
    A light wind blows
    You try to stop it tumbling
    But on and on it goes

But wait
    If I could shake the crushing weight of expectations
    Would that free some room up for joy
    Or relaxation, or simple pleasure?
    Instead we measure this growing pressure
    Keeps growing, keep going
    'Cause all we know is

Pressure like a drip, drip, drip that'll never stop, whoa
    Pressure that'll tip, tip, tip 'til you just go pop, whoa-oh-oh
    Give it to your sister, it doesn't hurt
    And see if she can handle every family burden
    Watch as she buckles and bends but never breaks
    No mistakes just

Pressure like a grip, grip, grip and it won't let go, woah
    Pressure like a tick, tick, tick 'till it's ready to blow, woah
    Give it to your sister and never wonder
    If the same pressure would've pulled you under
    Who am I if I don't have what it takes?
    No cracks, no breaks
    No mistakes, no pressure

13. Thorn Wolfy

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

Took me a while to figure out what this song reminded me of, and I finally figured out that it was giving me some serious Steven Universe Future vibes. Believing that you have to live up to everyone's expectations even though the stress is hurting you, wondering if the only thing you have to offer is your powers and if that's all people want from you, and doing it with a smile plastered on your face so no one knows that you're slowly being crushed under the pressure.

14. Marshall Smith

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

I still can't believe she is the middle sister. This song makes her sound like the oldest

15. Angela Gregory

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

I was the youngest sibling but both of my older sisters were autistic so basically I HAD to act like the oldest (mentally at least) my sisters got to grow up without a care in the world while I was the one everyone shoved their opinions and expectations onto and I basically believed if I wasn't constantly doing somthing for someone that I was lazy and worthless. I've never heard a song that hit so close to home in my mental state.

16. Audrey Middleton

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

Totally my fave song from Encanto

17. Elijah john

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

Dang now reading the comments really puts the song in depth encanto best disney movie no cap

18. Mari Jane

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

one of the best songs to come from a disney movie, hands down. i relate with everything she says in so many ways

19. Your daily dose of vitamin demons

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

“Give it to your sister, see if she can handle every family burden” I relate way to much to this song

20. MitsiexSuki

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

This song is genuinely so good and kinda relatable

21. Devorantem dolls

I relate to this song so much. It's really well written <3

22. Gideon Whitmore

ok

23. Nostalgixz Z

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

Bro this song is AMAZING especially when she says “was Hercules ever like “yo I don’t wanna fight Cerberus”

24. Jeremy Bryson

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

I watched Encanto last night and loved this song.

25. Rachel Walsh

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

Me questioning how I relate to this song even though I’m an only child.

26. Eternia

As the oldest sister in my family I feel this SO HARDD

27. Lasercraft 32

3:02
    "Give it to your sister and never wonder if the same pressure would've pulled you under"

Probably one of the most underrated lines in the song.

28. Kalemera Basileia

29. Izzy Fedeli

These lyrics are GENIUS

30. All that Jazz

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

I like her voice. There's something about it

31. Kirbomatic

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

"I'm pretty sure I'm worthless if I can't be of service"
    I shouldn't be relating to that

32. J

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

This hits when you're the older sister…

Also Disney did such a good job with this movie I'm so impressed!

33. BlahBlahBlah

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

This one is my favorite of the songs!

34. Sundrop

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

“Give it to your sister it doesn’t hurt and see if she can handle every family burden. Watch as she buckles and bends but never breaks. No mistakes.”

This is too relatable. Not just because of family stuff but because I feel like people dump a lot of problems on me and I tell them that it’s absolutely fine and that I don’t mind and then it doesn’t hurt I’m just kind of trying to balance out everybody’s burdens and this song is so true but it makes me sad because it reminds me that other people have to feel that too. But I always feel sad knowing that because I always tell people they shouldn’t have to feel like that but I let myself feel like that and I let myself suck up the pressure and put on a fake smile. Also, my mom tells me that I can always talk to her about this stuff but then she kind of picks out what I could be doing better to help myself and fix other peoples problems instead of letting them go, and tells me what I’m doing wrong and why I’m causing it. Whenever I bring up needing a counselor or therapist or mental help, she just says ‘maybe we can talk about that…’ and skims over it and never does anything and instead she just asks me ‘are you OK???’ every time I even look slightly tired and never leaves me alone and of course my answer is always the same- “I’m fine.” regardless of if I am or not because I just can’t open up

35. Hannah Perry

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

"who am I If I don't have what it takes" I don't think any line had ever gotten under my skin so much.

36. Liana Soares

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

The melody is so creative. 🎵🎶🎼

37. cila azzahra

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

I like the song so much is funny is the pink spot with cloud hihihi

38. Anushka Roy your BFF

I love the movie Encanto Brono is so funny

39. Jade Young

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

Love this characters voice. ❤️ And of course Lin-Manuel had something to do with this movie! I saw the credits and just thought 'of course' 👀

40. Yuyu Wu

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

it doesn't apply to me at home, but instead, at school.

41. Mc Kenna

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

I think it was this song that made me finally decide I didn't like this movie. It hits too close to home for me.
    I enjoy movies that take me away from my life; not smash it up into my face. I found the entire movie equally irritating.
    I know some people thought it was great, but it was the opposite for me.

42. blueberry_mochi

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

The thing is is that I’m the 2nd oldest but out of 4 brothers so I kinda run most of the problems and most of them they treat me like shit

43. blueberry_mochi

December 31, 2021 at 4:15 am

Why is she the most relatable person that disneys ever had?